A bite-sized podcast for solopreneurs: Luckygirl
Social Worker, Activist, Speaker Shani Saxon of Turning Corners Consulting joins Christina Aldan today to talk about training to become a social worker, clinical experience, and therapy for family systems. Your family of origin story influences your success in your business and in your personal life. As a business owner, she has her own family systems issues, taking care of her family, taking care of herself.
- Take inventory of yourself - hungry, thirsty, tired? Listen to your body when you hit a wall. Acknowledge self-awareness. It’s okay to be exhausted.
- Do something every single day for your mind, body, spirit within a 24-hour period to rejuvenate. You may not like it at first, and it may be uncomfortable, but it is worth it. When you are stronger, you have more energy. When your mind is quiet, you will be grounded. Spiritual beliefs will serve as a source of inspiration. It’s important for us to feel a sense of purpose.
- The to-do list will always be there. Still, you must put yourself first.
- clinical instructor for the last 5 yrs
- My Brother’s Keeper Summit is coming up soon! My Brother’s Keeper is a White House Initiative non-profit geared toward young men - she is a field instructor work for undergrads and graduates students - macro and policy work instead of the micro 1-on-1 work
- My Sister’s Keeper is an upcoming project to look out for