Lessons from a Quitter
Drew Morgan is a stand-up comic, writer and actor.. Drew and his two comedy partners, Trae Crowder and Corey Forrester, wrote the Liberal Redneck Manifesto and tour the country for their WellRED comedy tour. His comedy draws upon his upbringing in rural East Tennessee as well as his experiences living in Australia, Boston, Miami, and New York.
But before becoming a comedian, Drew was a public defender in both Miami and Knoxville, Tennessee. I got to talk to him about how his upbringing in a rural Southern town influenced his decision to go to law school and why he ultimately left the law to pursue his dreams.
Here is what we chat about in this episode:
- How his upbringing in rural Tennessee affected his decision to go to law school.
- How his path led him to be a public defender in both Miami, Florida and Knoxville, Tennessee
- How his wife got him started in comedy by signing him up for a competition
- How he supported his dream of stand-up comedy by working as a freelance attorney doing document review
- How years of hard work finally led him and his writing partners, Trae Crowder and Corey Forrester, to become “overnight successes”
- The journey to the WellRED comedy tour and the Liberal Redneck Manifesto
- And why it’s worth pursuing your dreams even if it’s difficult
Where to find Drew:
- Website: http://www.wellredcomedy.com
- Twitter/Instagram: @drewmorgcomedy
- Facebook: @drewmorgan
Follow along for more: