Northwest Bible Church OKC
Northwest Bible Church – Jan. 7, 2007 – 2 Kings Series – Worship Service – Alan Conner
2 Kings 6:1-7
THE BUILDING PROJECT (1-3).
1) The need for more room (v. 1).
2) The proposal made to Elisha (vv. 2-3).
THE “ACCIDENT” OF THE SUNKEN AXE-HEAD.
1) The lost axe-head.
2) The student’s response.
THE MIRACLE OF THE FLOATING AXE-HEAD.
1) The views of dead-heads trying to explain the axe-head.
2) Miracle of defying gravity.
LESSONS FROM FLOATING IRON
1) Be sure that you take good care ________________________.
2) God cares for the ____________ of life and desires us to _________Him.
Every trial is an _________________________.
Your view of God is crucial. Our God is transcendent (separate and exalted over his creation) but is not also immanent.
3) We are to learn that in every distress of life ______________________.
Psa. 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
But what if you do not sense the nearness of God?
4) Different kinds of lost axe-heads.