Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Ancestral Health Radio
Have you ever thought of starting a homestead on your journey towards ancestral health?
How about composting or gardening?
Today is a special opportunity to help a community member whose passion is about dismantling the industrialization of people and food through the acquisition of abundant, sustainable, and regenerative homesteading skills.
Enter: John Moody of Steader.com.
John and I share a very similar mission, in that we understand there are skills and wisdom that need to be shared from the first-hand experience of elders within our community.
And that today is an amazing opportunity to support a movement that helps build the groundwork for those to come.
In today's episode, you'll learn...
- Why John says he doesn't think you should be able to deal with health and nutrition if you have not read this book,
- John and Jessica's 18-month transformation and simple weekly strategy that helped them both go from your typical standard Americans to what some might call the crunchy-hippie-type,
- A few of the educational videos John and the Steader team have cued up for their Kickstarter campaign, and...
- Much, much more.
- John explains how his youth was riddled with health problems—typical of the average child who grew up in the 80's and 90's
- John greatly appreciates this author's early observations of how people aren't made to be divorced from nature
- The "click" for John came from a time when pharmaceutical intervention was supposedly the only solution for a painful duodenal ulcer
- The comical advise given to a then-single John by his college professor
- John's nutritional first-steps and book recommendations
- Why John says he doesn't think you should be able to deal with health and nutrition if you have not read this book
- John helps the audience understand what industrializing people and food over generations can look like
- John and Jessica's 18-month transformation and simple weekly strategy that helped them go from standard Americans to what some might call the crunchy-hippie-type
- Why John felt his family was being treated like cattle and the moment that hardened John's resolve against the powers that be
- Why John's new-born daughter, Abby, was almost labeled a biohazard by hospital staff
- How Whole Life Buying Club was the first whole food collective to win against a government raid
- John talks about his biggest project to-date: Steader.com
- John lists a few of the educational videos he and the Steader team have cued up for their Kickstarter campaign, and...
- Much, much more.