Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Thomas Obrist joins us to give an advanced talk on the work he does in the financial and energy space as a quant and how it overlaps with data science.
In this episode you will learn:
• Thomas’s background and studies [5:04]
• Long and short in financial markets [8:33]
• Thomas’s current role at Axpo [14:55]
• Quant vs. data scientist vs. data analyst [18:55]
• The Monte Carlo method [26:26]
• Thomas’s day-to-day [30:06]
• Grid loss use case [35:25]
• Thomas’s hackathon success [53:22]
• Thomas’s recommendation for those interested in the space [1:01:39]
Additional materials: www.superdatascience.com/405