Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Margot Gerritsen joins us for a great discussion that was both technical and inspiring, on the topics of principal component analysis and linear algebra, as well as the importance of women in data science.
In this episode you will learn:
• Margot’s travels and background [7:29]
• Margot’s position and work at Stanford [13:38]
• What is linear algebra? [18:00]
• Principle component analysis [23:02]
• WIDS, Women in Data Science [32:08]
• Margot’s diversity call to action [58:12]
• How can men support their female colleagues? [1:05:55]
Additional materials: www.superdatascience.com/407