Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Christian Habits Podcast
I first came across Brad Bigney’s material at a biblical counseling conference in Bozeman, Montana. Brad had written a book on breaking free from idolatry and I found his material super helpful. Today, I’m excited to have him on the Christian Habits Podcast. Here are a few of the topics we’ll be discussing:
Topics We Talked About on the Podcast
* What is idolatry?
* Do you have idols?
* How do you know what your idols are?
* What are three questions you can ask to determine whether or not something is an idol?
* How does idolatry affect your relationships and marriage?
* How do you break free from idolatry?
* How do you get to the point where you’re willing to let things go?
Brad is an ordained minister with the Evangelical Free Church of America, and is a graduate of Columbia Biblical Seminary, with his Master of Divinity. He’s a certified biblical counselor with ACBC (Assoc. of Certified Biblical Counselors), author of the book Gospel Treason: Betraying the Gospel with Hidden Idols, as well as a national conference speaker. He and his wife, Vicki, have been married since 1986 and have five adult children.
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast
* Gospel Treason: Betraying the Gospel with Hidden Idols by Brad Bigney
* Brad’s website: bradbigney.com
* Brad’s sermon series on Idolatry
* Lost in the Middle by Paul Tripp
Other Resources for Breaking Free from Idolatry
* Counterfeit Gods, by Timothy Keller
* Motives: Why Do I do What I do?, by Ed Welch
* Barb’s blog series on Idolatry
How to Listen to the Podcast
* To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Google Play: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here