Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Christian Habits Podcast
Are you struggling in one of your relationships? It could be a friend, an adult child, a sibling or parent, or even a spouse. In today’s episode of the Christian Habits Podcast, I visit with Blythe Daniel and Dr. Helen McIntosh about how to mend a broken relationship.
Helen and Blythe are a mother-daughter team who coauthored the book, Mended: Restoring the Hearts of Mothers and Daughters. Although the book is directed toward mother and daughter relationships, they offer all kinds of tips to mend any strained or broken relationship. Here are a few of the things we’ll be discussing on the podcast.
Things We Talked About on the Podcast:
* How to initiate a conversation about your relationship
* Sample questions you can use to start a conversation
* Where to go to have conversations
* The importance of showing respect and how to show respect in a conversation
* What to do if it doesn’t seem like the other person wants to talk
* What to do if you’re trying to mend a relationship with someone who doesn’t like relationships or someone who avoids conflict
* Three types of forgiveness you need when mending relationships
* Why there is hope for your relationship
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast:
* Mended: Restoring the Hearts of Mothers and Daughters
* Our Mended Hearts website – This authors’ website includes all kinds of resources including a printable pdf that includes seven ways to start a conversation to help begin a discussion with the person you’re in a strained relationship with. Just click on the link and scroll down to the freebie section to find that printout and other helpful resources.
* Anger questions on the I Deserve a Donut app
How to Listen to the Podcast
* To listen or subscribe on Apple Podcasts: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Android: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Stitcher: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Google Play: click here
* To listen or subscribe on Spotify: click here
* Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Christian Habits Podcast.”