Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
SEASON 1: EPISODE 23: WIT Conference ft. Casey Noce, Alissa Reynolds, Grace & Hudson (Part 3 of 3)
(Series: Empowering The Next Generation)
TANDEM HOPE WORSHIP COLLECTIVE is excited to begin a new series titled, Empowering The Next Generation with our host, Leisha Cole and guests, Casey Noce, Alissa Reynolds, Grace & Hudson. In today’s episode, we explore how to empower younger people and affirm them in their Christ-centered identity—not based upon OUR preferences. Two teens join us on the show today to give us insight into this topic! Get ready for a lot of laughs—this show was particularly fun to capture. Our guests will also tell us about the debut of a month conference called WIT. WIT Conference has a simple mission: encourage students to do Whatever It Takes to be like Jesus. We meet once a month to have fun, worship, pray together and encourage one another. The dream is simple; create a space where students from different churches, schools, and cities can get together and be encouraged in their faith.
You can find out more information regarding this monthly event by visiting them on Instagram (WITconference), their website (www.witconferencemi.com) or Facebook WIT Conference MI). We encourage you to PRAY. PROMOTE. PROVIDE.
TOP 5 WAYS TO EMPOWER THE NEXT GENERATION:
1) Inclusion, invitation; formal and informal relationships
2) Intentional affirmation of their Christ-centered identity
3) Have Eyes of Christ—value each and every person; we ALL contribute. To have Eyes of Christ, you must be humble. Not everyone is like you.
4) Have a strong prayer life and encourage that in others!
5) Accessibility and transparency in a discipleship relationship. Discipleship is a true shepherding relationship. Jesus made disciples. Let’s go out and multiply Christ-followers!