Learning Communities: Professional learning that increases educator effectiveness and results for all students occurs within learning communities committed to:
* Engaging in Continuous Improvement,
* Developing Collective Responsibility, and
* Creating Alignment and Accountability
This podcast explores Learning Forward’s new Professional Learning Standards, focusing on the first standard – Learning Communities.
In learning communities, according to Roland Barth, the actions of educators include:
* Talking with one another about our practices
* Sharing our craft knowledge
* Observing one another while we are engaged in our practice
* ROOTING for one another’s success
Hord and Sommers share, “As a learning community, ask these questions:
* What are you learning?
* Why are you learning that?
* How are you learning?
* How are you SHARING with others in your school?”
target="_blank" title="Share On Facebook" >