Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Manage Projects & People
A course by Charles Duhigg and more.
The foundation of managing people and projects is effective communication. Andrew McAfee, Jim Collins, Charles Duhigg, and Richard Branson offer tips that will help you connect with the people you work with to thrive as a leader. Learn how to build a team, delegate effectively, run highly effective meetings, and more.
You Will Learn
How to build a team
How to delegate effectively
How to run highly effective meetings
How to realize agile and effective management
EP1: Build a Team
The challenge of the leader is to facilitate employees’ eagerness to play their part in working toward a shared goal. How to build a motivated team – by not de-motivating already motivated people?
EP2: Pair Your Ambition with a Realistic Plan
Is your to-do list killing your productivity? It’s entirely possible. It feels good to cross a bunch of things off your list quickly. But in terms of productivity, it’s a disaster.
EP3: Delegate Effectively
Leaders must learn to harness the human desire for autonomy. How to delegate effectively by honoring each individual’s contribution to the whole?
EP4: Balance the Doers and the Dreamers
Scott Belsky founded and runs Adobe’s Behance. Belsky shares the ways that two normally opposed mentalities—the doers and dreamers—can support and benefit from each other.
EP5: Work Smarter, Not Harder: End the Busyness Epidemic
On workdays, we are constantly and consistently interrupted between various technological devices, colleagues, meetings, emergencies, and boredom. How to find your personal productivity style?
EP6: Manage Others' Habits
Great managers understand that they have to meet people where they are. That’s why getting to know the habit tendencies of your direct reports and yourself is critical to team-building.
EP7: Ground Rules for Highly Effective Meetings
Tim Sanders, former CSO at Yahoo, Sanders spent two decades improving his meeting process. How does he make meetings magic?
EP8: Empower Your Team, A Case Study of Toyota's Lean Management Philosophy
In the 1980s, Toyota ushered in a management revolution that enabled workers to solve the problems closest to them instead of involving high-level managers. Why and how?
EP9: Shrink Your Strategic Planning Horizon
No doubt you have had the experience of being misled by a weather forecast. Prediction of the behavior of complex systems is hard. Business is no different.
EP 10: Balance Offense and Defense
With two NBA titles under his belt, Shane Battier understands the importance of finding balance among the skill sets in your organization.
EP 11: Manage Your Team
Great managers understand that they have to meet people where they are. That’s why getting to know the habit tendencies of your direct reports -- and yourself -- is critical to team-building.
EP 12: Adapt your management
How do you adapt your leadership style with different situation? What’s the must-haves for a good leader?
Everyone Is An Entrepreneur; Winning through innovation
- Associate Director, MIT Center for Digital Business and Author, "Machine, Platform, Crowd"
- Business Consultant, Author of "Great By Choice"
- Pulitzer-Prize Winning Reporter, The New York Times, and Author, "Smarter Faster Better"
- Virgin Group Founder and Chairman
- 12 Episodes
- Build a Team4 min
- Pair Your Ambition with a Realistic Plan8 min
- Delegate Effectively3 min
- Balance the Doers and the Dreamers2 min
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: End the Busyness Epidemic3 min
- Manage Others' Habits5 min
- Ground Rules for Highly Effective Meetings10 min
- Empower Your Team, A Case Study of Toyota's Lean Management Philosophy5 min
- Shrink Your Strategic Planning Horizon5 min
- Balance Offense and Defense5 min
- Manage Your Team7 min
- Adapt Your Management11 min
- Manage Others Habits Worksheet
- Busyness Epidemic Worksheet
- Adapt Your Management Worksheet
- Shrink Your Strategic Planning Horizon Worksheet
- Balance Offense and Defense Worksheet
- Doers and the Dreamers Worksheet
- Pair Ambition with a Plan
- Toyota's Lean Management Worksheet
- Delegate Effectively Worksheet
- Build a Team Worksheet
- Ground Rules for Highly Effective Meetings Worksheet
What comes with each course?
Courses on Himalaya Learning are designed to teach actionable skills to help you reach your potential. What you will get from the courses includes immersive curriculums, series of bite-sized lessons, course summaries, and curated resources.
How long are the courses?
Courses vary in length from 1 to 8 hours. Each course consists of lessons around 5 minutes each.
How can I redeem a discount code?
If you use an Android phone, you can apply the code at check out in the Himalaya app. If you use an iPhone, you can apply the code at www.himalaya.com