Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Audacity2Lead: The Courage and Necessary Insights You Need to Step Out and Lead with More Influence | Dayo Samuel, Nigeria Podcast Network
There are 2 assets you have. The one you invest in determines the result you get with your life.
Investing in yourself is a critical way to prepare yourself for something big.
Life is seed before harvest with time in-between. Whatever products or results you find in people’s lives are outcomes of certain investments, which you can call seeds.
This episode shares with you 3 of those investments necessary for maximizing your potential.
We look into how to invest in yourself so you could get to that productive performance level you desire.
This is the 6th in the series, ‘11 Essentials of a Great Life Task.’
SPECIFICALLY ON THIS EPISODE, WE DISCUSS:
* Why whatever you pay for is different from what you get. You either pay for what is real or a value perceived.
* How do you identify perceived value? Check these three things:
Beyond these, there is the real value, and that is often immeasurable.
* Mental Investment
* Physical Investment
* Spiritual Investment
WHY SHOULD YOU MAKE INVESTMENTS NOW THAT YOU’RE YOUNG?
If youth-hood is a blunder, adulthood becomes a regret. If youth-hood is a lot of investment, manhood would be a lot of enjoyment.
If you invest in yourself while growing up, you get your ROI in old age.
What would you advice a young lady who is so full of ideas, but all she does is lie on her bed saying, “I’m thinking about money,” resulting in laziness, moodiness?
Money is a license to freedom. It frees you to do the work that matters. You don’t get paid for the potentials you have, you are paid for your performance.
* Do an evaluation for yourself, talents, gifts, abilities, passion and your calling.
* Engage the help of a coach
* Find resources, books, tapes, podcasts, etc. to learn from.
* Find a way of having personal retreats, possibly once in a quarter.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST:
* The episode I talked about my personal life evaluation as part of my quarterly review.
* Davidson Amedu (Dr. Talle)
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What investments are you going to make in yourself that will change your outcome in the next 5 to 10 years? Leave a comment for me below and let’s see how we can work things out.