Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Hole in the Whole
Does your lifestyle choice promote business growth, or is it in conflict with your business objectives? Listen, as Yana and Tom discuss the suggestion that if a business hasn't grown and reached a certain level, it is viewed as a lifestyle choice of the founder. Yana believes that you can only prioritize your lifestyle if you use your time wisely and focus on the right things, and Tom agrees to a point. Do you agree?
If you enjoy this episode, please share it with friends, leave comments and reviews and help us get our podcast heard.
- [00:24] Hello, everybody!
- [00:34] Yana shares the topic of this conversation.
- [01:02] Yana says that some suggest that If a business hasn't grown and reached a certain level, it is viewed as a lifestyle choice of the founder.
- [02:04] Tom believes that the focus on growth will be a thing of the past.
- [02:48] Yana says she doesn't know where this comes from, most people she knows don't have a lifestyle she would strive for.
- [03:52] Tom says that fintech should be able to appreciate more balanced business models.
- [04:38] Yana speaks about some startups she knows that are still grinding for success; they haven't been able to focus on lifestyle.
- [06:38] Tom believes the question for balance versus grind is difficult to tip in one direction.
- [07:42] Yana agrees with Tom's insights into this balance.
- [10:34] Tom shares a book he has been reading.
- [13:06] Tom discusses the book's description of needs inside of a framework.
- [14:33] Yana says she can see why Tom likes the book because it is so confusing.
- [16:48] Yana speaks about adapting the framework in the book.
- [18:54] Tom believes that a business is there to make money and succeed and grow.
- [21:16] Yana shares a story about a founder that asked her for feedback.
- [23:34] Tom says there is a workaround for just about everything, which is a hard lesson for engineers.
- [26:34] Yana speaks about times when her engineers didn't listen to what she was trying to tell them.
- [27:28] Yana wants to end this with prioritizing lifestyle is only possible if you use your time wisely and focus on the right things.
- [28:44] Tom and Yana are eager to hear your lifestyle choices and how they either promote business growth or conflict with business objectives.
- [29:35] Thank you for listening. Bye for now!