Beauty Needs Me
Jessica Nichols works at one of the most coveted places in fashion as the Special Events Director at Vogue. In this episode, we discuss how Jessica got her serendipitous start in the fashion industry as Anna Wintour's Executive Assistant, her transition to the Director of Special Events role and what that looks like in this era where events aren't really happening. We also discuss what it felt like as a Black woman working at Vogue during the civil unrest caused by police killing unarmed Black people.
Jessica lets us in on who some of her favorite Black designers are, her views on sustainable fashion, whether or not the fashion industry is ready for it to become more accessible and much more. We also get into how Jessica takes care of her skin, hair and wellness.
The products Jessica mentioned in this episode are listed below:
- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
- Augustinus Bader The Cream
- Augustinus Bader The Face Oil
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
- Fenty Lip Gloss
- Pat McGrath Precision Lipliner
- Pat McGrath Dark Star Volumizing Mascara
- Pat McGrath Sublime Perfection Concealer
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade
Keep up with Jessica & all her dopeness on IG at @j_khol.
Hosts: Dunni Odumosu and Taleah Griffin Produced by: Le’Ru Productions
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/beautyneedsme/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/beautyneedsme/support