Hiamalya-The podcast Player
The Melissa Ambrosini Show
What if you could revolutionise your life, work and relationships with mindfulness and meditation? Well my friends… you CAN and Dr Daniel Goleman is here to show us how.
Head to https://melissaambrosini.com/189 for full episode resources and more inspiring weekly episodes.
I’m a massive fan of meditation as it has truly changed all facets of my life, which is why I absolutely LOVED chatting with Daniel. Known for his worldwide bestseller, Emotional Intelligence, Daniel is a long time meditator and even spent two years in exotic India studying the ancient systems of psychology and various meditation practices. Based on this research, he penned his first book The Meditative Mind: The Varieties of Meditative Experience which offers an overview of various meditation paths. He talks us through his journey and all the nuggets of wisdom he has learnt along the way, along with sharing the most profound meditation techniques that he has tried and his incredible top tips for anyone starting out. Together, we take you through a powerful meditation that you cannot miss, whether you’re a newbie or well-practiced meditator.
Hit play and settle in with today’s podcast magic to find out how a meditation practice can transform your mind, body and brain, his biggest takeaways from the Dalai Lama himself, and the additions you NEED to add to take your meditation practice to the next level. Plug your headphones and get ready for some serious transformation.
In this episode we chat about:
- His meditation story and how he got to where he is today (07:19)
- The most profound meditation techniques he has tried (10:54)
- How meditation changes your mind, brain and body (12:18)
- Why meditation is imperative for stress reduction (17:15)
- The additions to take your meditation to the next level (18:54)
- The top 3 tips for first time meditator (20:55)
- A powerful meditation we do together (21:59)
- How to inspire, mentor and teach our children (23:28)
- Plus so much more!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.