Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Fit Over 30 By Strength Matters
Welcome to Everyday Athlete the podcast for the everyday athlete who wants to train smarter and live to be 100 years old. I am your host, Josh Kennedy. Today, I am talking to Phil Beene, from Nudge Coach. This is a fantastic new app that can be used by trainers, clients, and everyday athletes.
Phil Beene has a degree in Economics from Wofford College. He is the Co-founder and President of Nudge, an online coaching platform. The company has been featured in Techcrunch, Digital Trends, and several other industry magazines. Phil and fellow soccer player Mac Gambill became interested in fitness wearables and corporate wellness. They started working on a way for different devices to talk to each other and eventually Nudge Coach was created.
Today’s topics include:
* The founding of Nudge originated with Phil and Mac Gambill playing soccer together and getting involved in the start-up ecosystem.
* It was their goal to empower people to take care of their own health through fitness.
* The Nudge App is client facing and can be synced with your fitness devices and it all goes into Nudge to track all of our fitness habits.
* Coaches can use Nudge to connect with clients through the app.
* Nudge is contextualized to a specific person and their applicable data.
* How it takes 21 days to create a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle.
* Clients can use Nudge to keep track of what they are achieving and have intrinsic motivation.
* Thinking about small habits, opens doors that lead to other areas.
* There is also a community to help build relationships and provide motivation.
* An accountability based relationship helps users to achieve their goals.
* Combining the power of technology with human relationships.
* How Nudge Coach can help fitness professionals run their businesses remotely
* Having all of your data in one place and forming habits.
Action Step or Takeaway
* Provide an entirely new layer of value to bring relationships to a new level.
Links and resources:
* Strength Matters App
* Nudge Coach
* Phil Beene LinkedIn
* @philbeene on Twitter
* @NudgeCOACH on Facebook
* @NudgeCoach on Twitter
“Be mindful of your healthful habits overall. Are you getting to the gym and eating and sleeping well?” Phil Beene
“Through the app, I can see everything you are doing in the 23 hours you are not in the gym which is huge for a fitness professional.” Phil Beene
“When scaling up and working with multiple clients, the potential of Nudge Coach really shines.” Phil Beene