Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Brand New Father Podcast
Dr. Daniel Singley is a dad of two boys, a husband and clinical psychiatrist specializing in men’s perinatal mental health.
So, he knows what he’s talking about. In today’s show we once again talk about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, but this time focus on men and dads.
The stats say that 1 out of 10 dads experience paternal post partum depression, but then again dads are not best in reaching out for help. So, this number may be even higher.
Whether you are struggling as a dad or not, don’t skip this show – it has tons of golden nuggets for all dads to help them take care of their own needs so they can show up for their new family.
Here are some of the topics we’ll get into in today’s show:
- Why becoming dads is more stressful today vs decades ago.
- Contributing risk factors of paternal PPD
- Symptoms and signs of male “masked depression” (also how paternal PPD symptoms are different from maternal one)
- Importance of self-care for new dads
- Minimizing the risk of experiencing post partum depression
- Importance of having “deep relationships” – romantic and social
- One single habit for new parents that can save their relationship
- What to do if you think you may experience paternal PPD
- So tune in!