Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Best Business Podcast With Daryl Urbanski
YouTube is one of the social media platforms for producing famous “influencers” who motivate their followers by sharing their passion or talent. This passion can then be a gateway to start a business. This is what happened to Austin Dunham, who initially posted videos of himself to inspire others to start a healthy lifestyle.
In this episode, Austin shares his journey from being a regular YouTuber to a famous business owner. He also shares how he hurdled through the obstacles, from providing free customized workout programs to having a booming business for people who aspire to healthy living. Do you want to turn your passion into a profitable business? Tune in to find out more!
About Our Guest:
Austin Dunham is a fitness influencer, a YouTuber of calisthenics/street workout tutorials, and bodyweight fitness enthusiast. He is also the creator of AD Workout Training Programs and Coaching. He started when he was an 18-year-old college freshman after he was introduced to calisthenics training through his local ROTC program.
How to Turn Your Passion into a Business
- Austin uploaded his videos on Youtube to motivate people.
- His subscribers later asked him to make custom workout programs.
- Since it was taking much of his time and energy, he started charging $20 per program. He also began researching about marketing.
Getting Traction on Youtube
- His first few videos got much traction because of the content.
- Fitness transformation videos, especially those that are motivational, will get a lot of views.
- The biggest hit for Austin was his Beginner Home Calisthenics Workout Routine.
Overcoming Challenges and Learning About Passive Income
- Austin realized that he could make money with his offers.
- He also learned about passive income, realizing there’s a way to make money without having to work physically.
- He marketed his business by setting up segmented email lists and sending out email automation sequences.
- One key thing about passive income systems is that there must be something automatic, something that can sell to the masses 24/7.
- Another is to teach and provide value to your audience. Lay the guesswork and cut the learning curve.
Selling by Back End Marketing and Telling Stories
- Back end marketing is using different sales funnels for different content.
- It segments people, depending on the problems they want to resolve.
- Austin talks about how he was able to learn, his progress through time, and how he overcame his struggles as part of marketing.
- Problems are a market for your business.
Advice for Starting Entrepreneurs
- Make sure that there’s passion in your business, as well as consistency.
- Know the reason why people follow and look up to you. If you can easily answer this, there shouldn’t be an issue.
- Diversify your content.
- Ask your audience for the content they want through comments.
- Pick a niche, interest, or passion you can turn into a business when you’re starting.
Future of Online Businesses
- It will only get more popular as more people discover YouTube and its potential.
- Online businesses will keep growing.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you're up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales? Sign up for our 21-Day Double Your Sales Challenge.
If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.