Local SEO Tactics and Digital Marketing Strategies
How To Decide If You Should Refocus Your Homepage Or Make A New Page To Attack Keywords
In this weeks episode, we dive into a question that was submitted by Patrick, who listens to the Local SEO Tactics podcast. Patrick was wondering if he should modify his homepage to attack a new keyword target, or if he should create a new page to go after that keyword instead.
We'll break down the options and talk about the various situations in which you may choose path over the other.
- Which page carries the most weight on your website
- How Google serves up web pages, not websites, in search results
- Deciding if you should change your home page or create a new page when going after a new keyword target for your website
- When you should avoid refocusing your keyword targets on your homepage
- When it's okay to refocus your keyword targeting on your homepage
- When you should create a new page to attack a new keyword focus
- When you should refocus your keyword targeting on an existing page versus creating a new page
- The danger of deleting pages off your website with out properly informing search engines
Thanks for Listening!
View the show notes, resource links, episode transcript, and watch the video version at https://www.localseotactics.com/episode14