Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Tiny Leaps, Big Changes
In this episode, we talk about decision fatigue.
Try Bllinkist: http://blinkist.com/tinyleaps
What is Decision Fatigue?
"As it turns out, your willpower is like a muscle. And similar to the muscles in your body, willpower can get fatigued when you use it over and over again. Every time you make a decision, it’s like doing another rep in the gym. And similar to how your muscles get tired at the end of a workout, the strength of your willpower fades as you make more decisions." - James Clear
- Everyone has a reserve of mental energy, and each decision draws on it
- The more decisions you make, the less mental energy you have
Two Ways to Avoid It:
- Proactive: Optimizing your day to day routine to reduce unnecessary decisions (the president)
Choose your outfit the night before
Set out clothes for workouts
- Reactive: Giving yourself space to reset and improve decision making (taking a break)
- Do something fun
- Take a break
- Stop for the day
1. Plan to make decisions early in the day
2. Make small decisions ( like what to wear) ahead of time
3. Avoid impulse decisions
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app