Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
"Doctor Mom" Podcast
Dr. Elana interviews Dr. Christian Gonzalez, ND on the topic of how to shop for safe and healthy products for yourself and family. Dr. G is a master at reviewing products for safety and toxicity and he is here to teach you tangible tips so you can be a well-informed and empowered consumer! This episode will help you navigate the overwhelming marketplace so you can ensure you are buying the best of the best for yourself and your family.
- How to evaluate if a product is safe for your kids and family
- What different labels really mean
- What labels to look for when being a conscious consumer
- How to vet out companies and what to ask by calling or researching on their website
- What red flags to look for when a product claims it is “safe” but really isn’t
- Where to start when on a budget and still want to choose the healthiest safest options for your family
- 2 actional steps you can take to start shopping for safer products now!
- Follow Dr. Gonzalez on Instagram
- Listen to Dr. Gonzalez's Heal Thy Self Podcast
- The Swell Score Membership
- Listen to today’s episode on our website
Dr. Gonzalez completed a two-year residency position at the competitive Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Here, he became proficient in Integrative Oncology through exposure to various disciplines and modalities. Dr. Gonzalez’s rare balance of focus and bedside manner during his residency caused him to grow very popular amongst his peers and patients. He leaves the center having treated over 700 patients and having a long-lasting effect on them physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
He completed his Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine at the University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine in 2014. His doctorate work included a thesis reviewing the current and complementary treatments for bladder cancer. As part of his training, Christian completed clinical rotations in pediatrics, general medicine, oncology, physical medicine, botanical and mind-body medicine, along with a preceptorship at the NYU Langone Integrative Urology Center.
Dr. Gonzalez applies the belief that the body has an innate ability to heal itself when given favorable conditions to thrive. He works in finding the root cause of imbalance and giving the body what it needs to heal while removing obstacles to restoring health. He carries this very mantra to all his patients/clients to find long term healing.
Currently, Dr. Gonzalez is not seeing patients and is focusing his energy on mass education. Dr. Gonzalez is currently the host of a weekly podcast called "Heal Thy Self" which features some of the top voices in the health profession and over 1 million downloads in its first year. He has been featured in many of the top health/wellness and podcasts where he teaches about breast cancer prevention, toxins in your home, and the power of mindset.
INTRODUCE YOURSELF to Steph and Dr. Elana on Instagram. They can’t wait to meet you!