Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Choose Don't Excuse
This week we discuss curve balls that life consistency throws at you. One of the biggest curveballs you can face is a loved one attempting to commit suicide. Join us as we have a very heartfelt discussion, and explore our own experience with suicide. We’ve learned from very personal experience that it affects everyone in the family.
- Fun curveballs - Starting something new
- The challenge of learning something new - bridges aren’t built in a day
- Learning how to handle the unexpected “curve balls” of low
- Two people very close to us trying to hurt themselves even trying to commit suicide
- The assumption they are doing it to hurt others.
- Judie’s struggle with depression - not able to control internal anger and irritability
- Feeling like you failed as a parent
- Get outside help - therapy, counseling, direction
- Jody’s first experience with suicide - the death of his uncle
- We have to be willing to have the discussion
- There may be accusations, self-doubt and guilt
- Extend the arm of love not a fist
- Some can’t fathom they are worthy of love
- We need to be gentle, kind, patient and full of grace to each other
Thank you for joining us every week!
Jody & Judie Sedrick