The Joy Junkie Show
We've all had those awkward-ass friendship situations... where we aren't totally sure where we stand. Not sure if our friendship has run it's course. Not sure if it's worth reconciliation. Not at all sure where we stand or what the other person is thinking. Or if we should fight for the friendship?
Recently, a listener wrote into the show unsure of how she should deal with a situation where a friend essentially "broke up" with her. I guess the millennials call it "ghosting" - where someone just kinda disappears. No response to your texts, call, insta tags, nothing. Just done-zo. Ghosted your ass.
I think we've all had those situations where we aren't sure where a friendship is headed or if the other person is DONE with us. In this episode, I look at 6 things you CAN do to work through this sticky predicament. Have a listen and find out if you even need to apologize (you may not have to!), how to figure out what stories you're totally making up, and how to focus on the friendships you DO want to attract.
This pod explores:
- How to make sure that you don't have regrets no matter how bat-shit cray the situation may be
- How to analyze the "stories" you may be making up and how to decipher the TRUTH
- How to know if you actually need to apologize or if you need to just walk away
3 WAYS PEOPLE-PLEASING IS DESTROYING YOUR HAPPINESS:
WHY PUTTING EVERYONE ELSE FIRST IS STEALING YOUR JOY + WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT (WITHOUT BEING AN ASSHOLE)
Join me for a totally FREE (and totally awesome) virtual workshop where you'll learn:
- How to stop talking shit to yourself: You may not realize it, but the way you speak to yourself has you CONVINCED that you have to do everything for everyone. (Like, “If I don’t work late, then my boss will think I’m a dick… and god, I don’t want to be a dick!”)
- How to stop taking responsibility for everyone else's
happinessshit: I’m going to teach you the biggest GAME-CHANGER in shifting the belief that you have to make everyone else happy. (As in, you’ll stop saying “Sure! I’ll bake 400 hundred cupcakes for my kid’s class by tomorrow” even though you’re so fucking exhausted you can’t see straight.)
- How to actually feel like "enough": Ever feel like you’re “not smart enough”, “not pretty enough”, “not young enough” - Just fucking NOT ENOUGH? We’re going to knock that shit off. For reals.
- How to let go of what everyone else thinks:You’ll learn my favorite strategy for letting go of what everyone else thinks and start taking care of yourself. #yesplease
You in? Of course you are! Simply swing by this page to secure your seat!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB!
COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
I'm soooooo thrilled to announce that I have opened The Joy Junkie After Hours Club and you are officially invited!
If you've been diggin' the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, camaraderie, discussions, and advice from moi! Plus, it's #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR or click that image to the right to join the group! #yourewelcome
- Pod #166 - How to Deal with the Great Friendship Break-Up
- Pod #202 - How to Manifest Your Soulmate - Part 1
- Pod #203 - How to Manifest Your Soulmate -Part 2
- "Lloyd has to Pee" Scene from the epic, 1994 cult classic, Dumb and Dumber starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the "Subscribe on iTunes" button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads "view in iTunes" which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click "Ratings & Reviews" under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the "Write a Review" button
- You can also click "Subscribe" under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!