Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Data36 Data Science Podcast
Is it important for data scientists to have domain knowledge in a specific field? Sure it is! You can't come up with meaningful conclusions, and drive results from your data science projects, if you don't know the business you are in. That's sort of self-evident. But how important it is exactly and how much domain knowledge should you have before you apply for a specific data position? In this podcast episode I'll explain everything.
- Youtube version: https://youtu.be/aUgo988Ssl4
- Original article format here: https://data36.com/domain-knowledge-data-scientist/
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- - How to Become a DS: https://data36.com/how-to-become-a-data-scientist/
- - 7 Books to Get Started with Data Science: https://medium.com/@datalab/wannabe-data-scientists-learn-the-basics-with-these-7-books-1a41cfbbdd34
- - https://prezi.com/
- - https://www.izettle.com/
- - 6-week data science course: https://data36.com/jds/
Check my website: https://data36.com
Get access to more data science tutorials, join the inner circle: https://data36.com/inner-circle
Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/data36_com