Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
We round up our favorite tweaks to the desktop, and apps that make it great.
Plus some highlights from Arch Conf, and our reaction to Mint finally fixing their Chromium problem.
Special Guest: Drew DeVore.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- Arch Conf 2020 Videos
- media.ccc.de - Arch Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Project X - Pure Open-Source Coreboot Support On AMD Zen - Phoronix — Project X is about "eXcising binary blobs from the x86 part of Zen CPUs."
- OSFC 2020 - Open Source Firmware Conference
- Linux Mint pre-loads Chromium and Brings New IPTV Player — The package is available Linux Mint repository as “chromium” which you can install using standard “apt-get” or via the package manager. This is pure native Chromium and not a snap version.
- Monthly News – October 2020 – The Linux Mint Blog
- LINUX Unplugged 360: The Hard Work of Hardware
- Starlink Beta Has Outperformed Most Internet in the US
- SpaceX Starlink users provide first impressions and unboxing pictures | Ars Technica — New speed-test data collected by Ookla and published by PCMag last week found average Starlink download speeds of 79.5Mbps and average upload speeds of 13.8Mbps in October
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- profile-sync-daemon — Symlinks and syncs browser profile dirs to RAM thus reducing HDD/SDD calls and speeding-up browsers.
- GPU-Viewer — A front-end to glxinfo, vulkaninfo, clinfo and es2_info.
- Ivan Molodetskikh: Video Trimmer — Video Trimmer cuts out a fragment of a video given the start and end timestamps. The video is never re-encoded, so the process is very fast and does not reduce the video quality.
- junegunn/fzf — A command-line fuzzy finder
- Fish shell — fish is a smart and user-friendly command line shell for Linux, macOS, and the rest of the family.
- cxreg/smartcd — Alter your bash (or zsh) environment as you cd.
- wting/autojump — A cd command that learns - easily navigate directories from the command line.
- gsamokovarov/jump — Jump helps you navigate faster by learning your habits.
- muammar/mkchromecast — Cast macOS and Linux Audio/Video to your Google Cast and Sonos Devices
- xat/castnow — commandline chromecast player
- xat/dlnacast — Cast local media to your TV through UPnP/DLNA
- skorokithakis/catt — Cast All The Things allows you to send videos from many, many online sources to your Chromecast.
- tridactyl — A Vim-like interface for Firefox, inspired by Vimperator/Pentadactyl
- philc/vimium — The hacker's browser.
- Use your ~/.local folder!
- Liquorix kernel for Debian users — Liquorix is a distro kernel replacement built using the best configuration and kernel sources for desktop, multimedia, and gaming workloads.
- PipeWire nightly for Fedora users — PipeWire nightly builds from the projects git master. Use at your own risk.
- Firefox Adwaita Theme — This is a bunch of CSS code to make Firefox look closer to GNOME's native apps.
- Feedback: Thoughts after youtube-dl
- Feedback: FreeIPA
- Feedback: Zentyal as an AD Server