Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Strategize like a Boss with Mia
In my second episode of #LIKEABOSS, I had the pleasure of being joined by Mary Ellen Rowe, the Marketing Director for Clarkston Community Schools in Michigan, one of the top districts in Oakland County, Michigan.
Mary Ellen is a seasoned school communicator with more than 20 years of public relations experience for both private and public schools. She got her start with Finalsite client Detroit Country Day School, and later worked in marketing with another one of our clients, Saint Mary's Hall in San Antonio, Texas. A year ago, she became the marketing director for Clarkston Community Schools,
Mary Ellen and I are like-minded marketers...which means the two of us could talk endlessly about the strategies we use that succeed and flop, and obstacles we overcome. (This explains why Episode 2 of #LIKEABOSS is a bit longer than what I’d like to plan for, but I promise you it is jam-packed with tons of great info!)
Tune Into this Podcast to Learn:
- How Mary Ellen uses her private school experience to build a tight-knit community of 7,500 students across 12 campuses.
- Strategies for taming the small shop madness at the district level.
- Why social media engagement is so important, how to use it to your advantage, and why it is critical — especially in times of transition.
- Why Mary Ellen says “not responding [on social media] is not an option.”
- Tips for sharing the right message in the right place at the right time to reach key stakeholders.
- The #1 “filter” you should put every piece of marketing and communications content through before posting on your website or social media.
Want some marketing inspiration from Clarkston Community Schools? Check out their social media:
If you’d like to chat with Mary Ellen directly, she would be happy to be a resource to you, too! She can be reached at email@example.com.