Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Winning Through Innovation
A course by Elon Musk, Bill Nye, and more
Spot the discoveries and new technologies that will disrupt and drive industry for decades to come with industry leaders.
EP 1: What Will Your Life Be Like in 2027?
In ten years, everything could be very different… while on the surface being as recognizable as possible.
EP 2: The Power of Onlyness: Give Your People Permission to Co-Create the Future (Lessons Learned from Ushahidi)
Once trust has been established in an organization, you are more likely to succeed by giving your people permission to pursue their ideas.
EP 3: Leading with Next-Generation KPIs: Focus on Threats and Opportunities
Leadership means constantly scanning emerging trends in your market for opportunities and potential threats.
EP 4: The Second Machine Age: When Science Fiction Becomes Reality
Tech insiders are also universally aware that we’re in the middle of a paradigm shift.
EP 5: Get Network Effects By Design
Sometimes you get the benefits of network effects by accident, but well-managed companies get them by design.
EP 6: Disruption: Opportunities and Threats
What are the changes in progress and soon to come that will leave many industry leaders in the dust?
EP 7: Digitization: From Atoms to Bits
There's a fundamental conceptual change from atomic thinking—the idea that the world is made up of self-contained, smaller worlds—to a bit-dominated world.
EP 8: Demonetization: Increasing Access and Transparency
Wikipedia and the Wikimedia foundation that supports it are unprecedented examples of demonetization through crowdsourcing. What can we learn?
EP 9: Global Adoption of Technology has Accelerated Deceptively
McKinsey Global Institute Director James Manyika tells us what are behind the deceptive, distributed growth in digital economy.
EP 10: Understand Disruption Forces
Disruptive technologies did not appeal to entrenched market leaders. Why?
EP 11: Recognize the Power of Pull
We need to look at the ways in which machines can augment human labor rather than replace it.
EP 12: Begin at the Beginning: The Upside Down Pyramid of Design
Products go from concept to release faster than ever. But how does the sense of urgency driving production ultimately impact product quality?
EP 13: Use Design Thinking: From Theory to Practice (Divergent and Convergent)
Divergent thinking often results in a stronger final design. What can “outsider innovation” achieve?
EP 14: Disrupt an Industry
Elon Musk never aimed to disrupt for disruption’s sake. He tells us how to strategize around industries that were stagnant and in need of innovation.
EP 15: Explore Energy Innovation
Soviet Astrophysicist Nikolai Kardashev ranked the civilizations of the future according to how much energy they would derive from the sun.
EP 16: Explore Biotechnology
Our values as a society will determine which psychopharmaceuticals and which genetic enhancement technologies we choose to develop and how it will be used.
The Nine Growth Principles
- Director, McKinsey Global Institute
- 15 Episodes
- What Will Your Life Be Like in 2027?31 min
- The Power of Onlyness: Give Your People Permission to Co-Create the Future (Lessons Learned from Ushahidi)5 min
- The Second Machine Age: When Science Fiction Becomes Reality6 min
- Get Network Effects By Design4 min
- Disruption: Opportunities and Threats9 min
- Digitization: From Atoms to Bits4 min
- Demonetization: Increasing Access and Transparency6 min
- Global Adoption of Technology has Accelerated Deceptively6 min
- Understand Disruption Forces5 min
- Recognize the Power of Pull11 min
- Begin at the Beginning: The Upside Down Pyramid of Design7 min
- Use Design Thinking: From Theory to Practice (Divergent and Convergent)3 min
- Disrupt an Industry3 min
- Explore Energy Innovation5 min
- Explore Biotechnology4 min
- Lessons Learned Worksheet
- Focus on Threats and Opportunities Worksheet
- Science Fiction Becomes Reality Worksheet
- Financial Service Providers Worksheet
- Disruption Opportunities Worksheet
- From Atoms To Bits Worksheet
- Increasing Access and Transperancy Worksheet
- Global Adoption of Technology Worksheet
- Disruption Forces Worksheet
- Recognize the Power of Pull Worksheet
- Begin at the Beginning Worksheet
- Explore Energy Innovation Worksheet
- Explore Biotechnology Worksheet
- Design Thinking: From Theory to Practice Worksheet
- Disrupt an Industry Worksheet
What comes with each course?
Courses on Himalaya Learning are designed to teach actionable skills to help you reach your potential. What you will get from the courses includes immersive curriculums, series of bite-sized lessons, course summaries, and curated resources.
How long are the courses?
Courses vary in length from 1 to 8 hours. Each course consists of lessons around 5 minutes each.
How can I redeem a discount code?
If you use an Android phone, you can apply the code at check out in the Himalaya app. If you use an iPhone, you can apply the code at www.himalaya.com