#13: Care For Self, Care For Others & Courageous Conversations In A Corporate World with Dianne MCabe
Dianne McCabe is an Irish Lass from a little fishing town in rural Ireland who went from a successful corporate life to experiencing a “spectacular mental breakdown”. Dianne picked up the pieces after her breakdown and decided something needed to drastically change in her life, the corporate world, the world of long hours and high expectations for a paycheck!
Now she has used her experience to be a change catalyst in large organisations.
In this episode we discuss:
• The stress associated with corporate and work life and the “waves” of stressful times that are no longer waves but constant, the effects and how to tackle this from a personal and organisational perspective.
• Her clients understand that to thrive in effective organizational change, they also need to thrive in personal change.
• Dianne has a unique perspective - “positive inputs” and she talks to us about how to tap into the positive inputs in our lives.
• Her firm belief for parents in the work force and corporate world - “I can be a better parent when i spend more time on me”,
• “20%of a workforce will have mental health issue in any given year” leaders and organisation have a duty of care and Dianne works with them and their employees to focus more on the “care” part of that phrase.
• The role of a "Mental First Aider" in organisations.
This episode is so VALUABLE not only if you are in the corporate sector in any capacity but the INSIGHTS from this interview are so RELEVANT to everyone of us.
Thank you for joining us for the show. If you have some feedback that you would like to share we would love for you to please leave a review.