Episode 3 - A Riotus Decade
39 min2019 JUN 28
In this Episode, I focus on various smaller riots and actions of the LGBTQ+ community that took place in the 1960s prior to Stonewall, as well as covering the Stonewall Riots.
Sources Used in this Episode
- Sides, Josh. Erotic City: Sexual Revolutions and the Making of Modern San Francisco. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- The Council of Religion and the Homosexual. The LGBT Religious Archives Network. Online Exhibit. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Vicki L. Eaklor. “Gay Rights Movement, US.” Social Sciences and History. GLBTQ Encyclopedia Archives, GLBTQ Inc: (2008), 1.
- Martin Duberman. Stonewall. (New York, NY: Plume Books: 1994), 194.
- http://www.nyclgbtsites.org/site/picket-at-the-great-hall-cooper-union-second-ever-u-s-gay-rights-protest/ 7.mhttp://www.nyclgbtsites.org/site/picket-in-front-of-u-s-army-building-first-ever-u-s-gay-rights-protest/
- Faderman, Lillian. Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America. New York, NY: Columbia University Press, 1991.
- Faderman, Lillian. The Gay Revolution. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster, 2016.
- STEIN, MARC. 2019. “A Theory of Revolution for the Riots.” Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide 26 (3): 19–20.
- “The Black Cat.” 2009. Advocate, no. 1023 (February): 23.
- BONDY, RENÉE. 2018. “Revisiting the Stonewall Narrative.” Herizons 32 (2): 10–11.
- Jerome Rodriguez, 2017. “Randy Wicker, Unsung Hero in LGBT-Rights Movement.” LGBT History Month. Philadelphia Gay News (Oct-27-Nov. 2): 13.
- “Randolfe “Randy” Wicker. 2007. “Speaking ‘Truth to Power’” Gay & Lesbian Times, Uptown Publications.